Shibuya is one of the most vibrant and popular districts in Tokyo, Japan. Known for its bustling streets, world-renowned fashion boutiques, and iconic nightlife, it’s no wonder why Shibuya has become a top destination for travelers from all over the world. If you’re planning a trip to Tokyo and looking for accommodation in Shibuya, you’ll find a variety of hotels in Shibuya to choose from.
One thing that Shibuya is also known for is its excellent selection of hotels. From luxury 5-star accommodations to cozy budget-friendly inns, there is a hotel for every type of traveler in Shibuya. In this article, we will dive into the world of hotels in Shibuya, exploring the unique features and amenities that each hotel offers, so that you can find the perfect place to call your home away from home during your stay in this vibrant district.
Luxurious Hotels in Shibuya
Shibuya is known for its luxurious hotels that provide world-class amenities and exceptional service. If you’re looking for the finest lodging options in town, then these three hotels are perfect for you:
. The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
($220-$600 per night)
This grand hotel is one of the top hotels in Shibuya and boasts elegant rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer astonishing views of the city. It is situated in the heart of the district, just a walking distance away from Shibuya’s shopping centers. Moreover, the hotel ranks high among the top hotels in Shibuya as it offers a wide range of amenities such as a fitness center, on-site spa, and an exquisite restaurant that serves international cuisines.
The Cerulean Tokyo embodies luxury and sophistication in the heart of bustling Shibuya. The hotel boasts impeccable service, world-class amenities, and breathtaking views of the city skyline.
- Located in the energetic and fashionable district of Shibuya, the Cerulean Tokyo is the perfect base for exploring Tokyo’s iconic attractions. Guests can easily access popular destinations such as Harajuku, Shinjuku, and Shibuya Crossing, which have become symbols of modern Tokyo.
- The hotel’s facilities showcase the ultimate in Japanese hospitality. An indoor pool, fitness center, and spa offer relaxation and wellness options for guests. Moreover, the Cerulean has a selection of luxurious rooms and suites offering panoramic views of the city.
- The Cerulean Tokyo has been designed to reflect Japanese minimalism and elegance. With a modern touch, the hotel fuses western and eastern elements for a unique and contemporary atmosphere.
- For travelers looking for nearby attractions, the Cerulean offers easy access to Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park, two popular landmarks in Tokyo. Guests can also visit the nearby Takeshita Street for a taste of Tokyo’s youth fashion and street food scene.
- Shibuya is famous for its shopping options, and the Cerulean Tokyo is no exception. The hotel is situated near Shibuya Parco, which offers a trendy shopping experience. Other nearby shopping hotspots include Omotesando Hills and Harajuku’s Takeshita Street.
- Dining options at the Cerulean Tokyo are aplenty, with 7 restaurants and bars offering diverse menus ranging from Japanese to French cuisine. Guests can also indulge in afternoon tea in the hotel’s lounge while enjoying panoramic views of the city.
- For guests seeking local experiences, the Cerulean offers sake tastings, flower arrangement classes, and Japanese calligraphy workshops. Nearby stations such as Shibuya and Harajuku also offer easy access to other areas of the city.
Experience luxury and convenience in Tokyo’s buzzing Shibuya district at the Cerulean Tokyo. From its excellent location, first-class amenities, and excellent service, the hotel provides the ultimate Tokyo experience.
.Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu
($140-$400 per night)
Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu is an excellent choice for guests who wish to experience the bustling city life in Shibuya. This contemporary hotel offers high-quality rooms and a rooftop bar that offers an enchanting view of the city. It is conveniently located next to Shibuya station, providing easy access to the city’s other attractions. If you are searching for hotels in Shibuya, the Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu should be at the top of your list.
Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu is a luxurious hotel that offers an unforgettable experience to its guests. Located at the heart of Shibuya Ward, it provides a perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and sophistication. Here are some factors that make the Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu an ideal choice for your stay in Tokyo:
- Location:- Situated in the famous Shibuya Ward, known for its iconic Scramble Crossing and vibrant atmosphere- Easily accessible via public transportation, as it is located near Shibuya Station, which is a major transportation hub in Tokyo
- Amenities: – Well-appointed rooms with modern amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, and mini-fridges- Fantastic facilities, including a fitness center, spa, and restaurant, offering cuisines ranging from traditional Japanese to international delicacies
- Design:- A sleek and contemporary design that blends Japanese and Western aesthetic elements- Elegant and sophisticated furnishings that provide a luxurious and comfortable ambiance
- Nearby Attractions:- Shibuya Scramble Crossing, one of the busiest pedestrian crossings in the world- Meiji Jingu Shrine, a beautiful Shinto shrine dedicated to Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken- Yoyogi Park, a stunning green oasis in the midst of Tokyo’s urban landscape.
- Shopping/Dining/Entertainment:- Shibuya is a haven for shopping enthusiasts, with numerous department stores, boutiques, and trendy fashion outlets- A vast array of dining options, ranging from budget-friendly street food to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants- A lively entertainment scene that includes clubs, theaters, and bars, making Shibuya a perfect destination for night owls.
- Recommended things to do:-Explore the landmarks of Shibuya, such as Hachiko’s statue and the Shibuya Center-gai shopping street- Shop at the famous Shibuya 109 department store, a fashion mecca for women- Take a walk in the serene Yoyogi Park to escape the hustle and bustle of the city
- Nearby Stations:- Shibuya Station, a major transportation hub that connects to various parts of Tokyo and neighboring cities- Harajuku Station, located on the JR Yamanote Line, which offers easy access to popular tourist attractions in Tokyo. Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu is an excellent choice for travelers who want to experience the vibrancy and sophistication of Tokyo’s Shibuya district. With its unparalleled location, luxurious amenities, and impeccable design,it will offer a memorable stay.
The Westin Tokyo
($240-$600 per night)
The Westin Tokyo offers a traditional Japanese-style experience, featuring a beautiful garden and a vast variety of Japanese cuisines. This hotel, located in Shibuya, is an ideal choice for travelers looking for hotels in Shibuya. The spacious guest rooms are integrated with the latest technology and offer spectacular views of the city. Additionally, Westin Tokyo is just a few minutes away from boutiques, restaurants, and clubs around Shibuya.
The Westin Tokyo is a luxurious hotel located in the bustling heart of Tokyo, offering guests a prime location from which to explore the city. With world-class amenities, stunning design, and proximity to a variety of attractions, The Westin Tokyo is the perfect choice for discerning travelers.Here are some highlights of this exceptional hotel:
- Location:- The Westin Tokyo is situated in the heart of Tokyo’s bustling business district, just minutes away from major cultural attractions, shopping districts, and entertainment venues.- From the hotel, guests can easily explore popular destinations such as Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Harajuku, as well as experience Tokyo’s vibrant nightlife.
- Amenities:- The hotel features a range of world-class amenities, including a fitness center, indoor pool, and 24-hour room service.- Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s luxurious spa, which offers a variety of rejuvenating treatments designed to help guests relax and unwind.
- Design:- The Westin Tokyo is renowned for its stunning design, which seamlessly blends traditional Japanese elements with modern design sensibilities.- The hotel’s spacious guest rooms feature tasteful decor and luxurious amenities, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay.
- Nearby attractions:- The hotel is just minutes away from a variety of popular attractions, including the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, Yoyogi Park, and the Meiji Shrine.- Guests can also easily access must-see destinations such as the Tsukiji Fish Market and the Imperial Palace.
- Shopping:- The Westin Tokyo is located near some of Tokyo’s most renowned shopping districts, including the trendy Shibuya and Harajuku neighborhoods.- Guests can shop for everything from high-end designer clothing to quirky fashion and souvenirs.
- Dining and restaurants:- The hotel offers a variety of dining options, including Japanese, Chinese, and French cuisine, as well as a cozy bar serving cocktails and other drinks.- Guests can also indulge in the hotel’s famous afternoon tea service, featuring an array of delicious sweets and savories.
- Recommended things to do:– Take a stroll through Yoyogi Park, one of Tokyo’s most popular green spaces.- Visit the peaceful and serene Meiji Shrine, which offers a glimpse into traditional Japanese culture.- Explore the bustling Shibuya neighborhood, known for its trendy shops and restaurants.
- Nearby stations:- The hotel is conveniently located near multiple train and subway stations, including the Tochomae and Nishi-Shinjuku subway stations.- Guests can easily access other parts of Tokyo and beyond using these transportation options.
Affordable Hotels in Shibuya
For budget-conscious travelers looking for hotels in Shibuya, there are plenty of options for affordable accommodations in the city. Here are three good-value hotels in Shibuya worth checking out:
Dormy Inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
($80-$200 per night)
This hotel is popular for its modern and stylish rooms, a rooftop hot spring bath, and complimentary breakfast. Guests have free access to the gym, and there are vending machines across the property. Located in fashionable Harajuku, with its vibrant shopping and dining scene.
The Dormy Inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae is considered one of the best hotels in Shibuya due to its prime location and amazing amenities for travelers who wish to explore the bustling city of Tokyo. With its convenient location and excellent amenities, guests are sure to enjoy their stay at this premier hotel.
Location:- Located in the heart of Tokyo’s trendy and fashionable Shibuya district- Only a 6-minute walk from Shibuya Station, a major transportation hub- Conveniently located near popular tourist attractions such as Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park
Amenities:- Onsen (hot spring) bath on the top floor with stunning city views- Complimentary breakfast buffet with both Western and Japanese options- Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and throughout the hotel- 24-hour front desk with luggage storage
Design:- Modern and stylish design with comfortable furnishings- Rooms are spacious and come equipped with modern amenities like a flat-screen TV and a mini-fridge- Beautiful lobby with a relaxing atmosphere perfect for unwinding after a day of sightseeing
Nearby Attractions:- Meiji Shrine, one of Tokyo’s most famous attractions, is within walking distance of the hotel- Yoyogi Park, a large park perfect for picnics and outdoor activities, is also nearby- Takeshita Street, a funky shopping street famous for its fashion and food, is only a short walk away
shopping:- Shibuya is home to some of Tokyo’s best shopping, including the famous Shibuya 109 shopping mall- Omotesando, Tokyo’s upscale shopping district, is just a short walk from the hotel
Dining and Restaurants:- The hotel’s restaurant, Hatago, serves traditional Japanese cuisine and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner- There are plenty of dining options nearby, with everything from trendy cafes to traditional izakayas (Japanese pubs)
Recommended Things to Do:- Visit the Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park for a taste of Tokyo’s beautiful green spaces- Explore the trendy neighborhoods of Shibuya and Harajuku for some of Tokyo’s best shopping and dining- Head to the top floor of the hotel to enjoy the hotel’s onsen (hot spring) bath with stunning city views
Nearby Stations:- Shibuya Station, a major transportation hub, is just a 6-minute walk from the hotel- Harajuku Station, on the Yamanote Line, is also within walking distance and provideeasy access to other areas of Tokyo
Tokyu Stay Shibuya
($90-$250 per night)
Ideal for long-term stays, this hotel provides fully furnished rooms with a decent kitchenette. It’s centrally located just a five-minute walk away from Shibuya station and offers free WiFi to its guests. Tokyu Stay Shibuya is an excellent pick for guests who prefer to cook rather than dine out.
Shibuya is a bustling neighborhood located in the heart of Tokyo that offers a blend of modernity and traditional Japanese culture. Many hotels in Shibuya are available for tourists to book, including the renowned Tokyu Stay Shibuya. Here are some reasons why Tokyu Stay Shibuya is the perfect place to stay during your visit to Tokyo:
Location:Located just a few minutes from Shibuya station, Tokyu Stay Shibuya is the ideal starting point for exploring Tokyo. Here, you can experience the vibrant Shibuya Crossing and its surrounding entertainment district, where you can find everything from karaoke bars to shopping centers. For those seeking traditional Japanese culture, a short walk will take you to Meiji Shrine, a tranquil oasis in the midst of the city’s hustle and bustle.
Amenities:Tokyu Stay Shibuya provides a comfortable home away from home with its spacious and well-equipped rooms. Each room includes a kitchenette, perfect for preparing your own meals, and a washing machine, ideal for those on a longer stay. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi access and a 24-hour front desk to assist you with any needs.
Design:The hotel boasts a sleek and modern design, with a monochrome colour scheme and minimalist furnishings. The simplicity of the décor provides a calming atmosphere after a busy day exploring the city.
Nearby Attractions:Aside from the previously mentioned Shibuya Crossing and Meiji Shrine, there are many other nearby attractions to explore. The Hachiko statue, a popular meeting spot in Shibuya, is just a short walk away, as is Yoyogi Park. Additionally, the Shibuya Scramble Square Observation Deck offers a panoramic view of the city from the 45th floor.
Shopping:Shibuya is a shopping paradise, and there are many popular shopping destinations within walking distance of Tokyu Stay Shibuya. The Shibuya 109 department store, famous for its trendy fashion and beauty merchandise, is just a few minutes away on foot. For designer brands, the Shibuya Hikarie complex is a must-visit.
Dining and Restaurants:Satisfy your cravings at the myriad of dining options within the hotel’s vicinity. From traditional Japanese cuisine to trendy cafes and bars, Shibuya has countless dining options catering to all tastes.
Recommend Things to Do:Recommended activities include a stroll around the Shibuya Center-gai, a vibrant alley full of shops, cafes and entertainment options. For a taste of Japanese nightlife, explore the countless bars and nightclubs that Shibuya is famous for.
Nearby Stations:Aside from Shibuya station, which connects to various train lines in Tokyo, the hotel is conveniently located near the Harajuku and Omotesando stations, both of which offer access to other popular areas in Tokyo.
Overall, Tokyu Stay Shibuya is an excellent choice for tourists who want to stay in the center of Tokyo and experience Shibuya’s unique blend of modernity and Japanese culture. Its prime location, comfortable amenities, sleek design, and surrounding attractions make it a top pick among hotels in Shibuya.
Hotel Emit Shibuya
($115-$230 per night)
This three-star hotel, located just one train stop away from Shibuya, offers excellent service, neat and tidy rooms with modern furnishings, making it one of the best hotels in Shibuya. The hotel’s great location allows you to explore Shibuya’s restaurants and shops on foot, while its old-school facade of polished metal offers an elegant contrast to the souvenir shops of neighboring streets. Book your stay at this hotel to have a comfortable and enjoyable experience while exploring hotels in Shibuya.
Fun Stays in Shibuya
Want to make your stay in Shibuya fun and memorable? Here are three themed hotels in Shibuya to give you a unique experience:
Mado no Mori
($150-$320 per night)
A hotel inspired by Alice in Wonderland, featuring whimsical rooms that recreate famous scenes from the story. Besides that, the hotel is situated in Hatagaya, a lively Shibuya suburb, and in proximity to the local shopping district.
The Millennials Shibuya
($90-$250 per night)
This tech-savvy hotel offers futuristic guest rooms, with pods that give guests privacy and comfort simultaneously. The hotel also has a spacious communal lounge, perfect for exchanging tips with fellow travelers, or enjoying a drink and snacks from the 24-hour vending machine pool.
The Millennials Shibuya is a top-notch hotel located in the heart of Shibuya, Tokyo. At this hotel, guests get to experience the perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and convenience. From the hotel’s prime location to its amazing amenities and design, guests are guaranteed nothing but an unforgettable stay.
Location:The Millennials Shibuya hotel is strategically located in one of the most vibrant areas in Tokyo, Shibuya. A few minutes’ walks from this hotel will take you to the Shibuya Crossing, one of Tokyo’s iconic landmarks. There are also several train stations nearby, including Shibuya Station and Harajuku Station, making it easy for guests to explore the city.
Amenities:This hotel boasts an impressive array of amenities that make guests’ stay both comfortable and enjoyable. These include free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen, a rooftop terrace, and a 24-hour reception desk among others.
Design:The Millennials Shibuya’s design is both modern and sleek, with a touch of Japanese style. The hotel’s interiors are carefully curated to create a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere that facilitates rest and rejuvenation.
Nearby Attractions:Guests staying at this fantastic hotel have countless nearby attractions to explore, including Yoyogi Park, Meiji Shrine, and Takeshita Street. These attractions offer guests a chance to experience the culture and history of the city.
Shopping:The Millennials Shibuya hotel is located close to several shopping malls, including Shibuya 109 and Omotesando Hills. Guests looking to indulge in some retail therapy will have plenty of options to choose from.
Dining and Restaurants:This hotel also offers some of the best dining experiences in Shibuya, with an in-house restaurant serving both Japanese and Western cuisine. Guests can also explore nearby bars and restaurants in Shibuya to immerse themselves in Tokyo’s culinary delights.
Recommended things to do:A visit to the nearby Harajuku Takeshita Street is highly recommended for guests looking to experience Tokyo’s famed fashion and eccentric pop culture.
Nearby Stations:The Shibuya Station and Harajuku Station are both located a few minutes from the hotel, providing guests with easy access to other areas in Tokyo.
Overall, The Millennials Shibuya is a top choice for anyone looking for affordable and stylish hotels in Shibuya. With its prime location and excellent amenities, you’re sure to have an unforgettable stay in Tokyo.
($160-$360 per night)
Claska Shibuya is one of the finest hotels in Shibuya, offering an exciting experience to its visitors. The hotel underwent 12 years of restoration to transform an abandoned building into a sophisticated and modern lodging spot. It features rooms and facilities designed by different artists and designers, making it a unique and inspiring destination for travelers looking for diversity. Moreover, the hotel showcases antique, vintage, and contemporary Japanese art pieces that are available for sale, adding an extra touch of elegance to its ambiance.
Claska Shibuya is a fashionable boutique hotel located in the heart of Shibuya, one of the most vibrant and popular districts of Tokyo. This unique hotel offers a contemporary design aesthetic and a range of amenities that cater to the modern traveler. Here are some of the highlights of Claska Shibuya:
Location:- Situated in the lively district of Shibuya, a hub for fashion, nightlife, and entertainment- Close proximity to Shibuya Station, which is a major transportation hub for Tokyo- Convenient access to popular attractions in Tokyo such as Harajuku, Shinjuku, and Roppongi.
Amenities:- Spacious guest rooms with modern minimalist design and comfortable furnishings- On-site restaurant and bar serving delicious Japanese cuisine and cocktails- Rooftop terrace with stunning city views, perfect for relaxing or socializing- Gallery showcasing local artists and designers- Bicycle rental for exploring the city
Design:- Sleek and modern interior design with an emphasis on simplicity and functionality- Use of natural materials such as wood and stone to create a warm and inviting ambiance- Incorporation of artwork and design elements throughout the hotel to create a unique and immersive experience
Nearby attractions:- Shibuya Crossing, one of the busiest and most iconic intersections in the world- Meiji Jingu Shrine, a peaceful oasis in the heart of Tokyo’s bustling cityscape- Yoyogi Park, a popular spot for picnics, sports, and outdoor festivals- Omotesando Avenue, a designer shopping street with a trendy and artistic vibe
Shopping:- Shibuya 109, a popular shopping mall for fashion-conscious shoppers- Tokyu Hands, a department store with a wide selection of unique and practical goods- Don Quijote, a discount store with a variety of quirky and interesting products
Dining and Restaurants:- Uoshin Shibuya, a popular seafood restaurant with a cozy and inviting atmosphere- Afuri Ramen, a highly recommended ramen restaurant with a modern and upscale ambiance- Genki Sushi, a popular conveyor belt sushi chain with a fun and casual atmosphere
Recommended things to do:- Take a stroll around the vibrant neighborhoods of Daikanyama and Naka-Meguro- Check out the trendy shops and cafes in the Harajuku neighborhood- Visit the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for panoramic views of the city
Nearby stations:- Shibuya Station, which serves various train lines and is a major transportation hub in Tokyo- Harajuku Station, which is located in the trendy Harajuku neighborhood and provides access to the Yamanote Line.
Overall, Claska Shibuya is a stylish and unique boutique hotel that provides a comfortable and convenient base for exploring all that Shibuya has to offer. As one of the top hotels in Shibuya, Claska Shibuya is a great choice for travelers seeking a modern and artistic hotel experience in the heart of Tokyo.
Helpful Travel Tips in Shibuya:
- Get a Suica or Pasmo card to conveniently pay for public transport fares.
- Shibuya is one of the busiest and heavily crowded districts in Tokyo, so plan your itinerary and trip accordingly.
- Cash is widely used in Japan, so have some with you, especially when shopping on smaller establishments.
- Japan is proud of its cleanliness, as it reflects their respect for the environment and their fellow citizens, so help maintain it by disposing of your trash correctly.
- Respect local customs and traditions, and don’t hesitate to ask for help from locals when needed.
- Take the train: one of the easiest ways to get to Shibuya is by taking the train. Shibuya station is one of the busiest in Tokyo, so be prepared for crowds. However, navigating the train system isn’t too difficult, and you’ll find that it’s much cheaper than taking a taxi.
- Visit the Shibuya Crossing: arguably the most famous intersection in the world, the Shibuya Crossing is a must-see when visiting Shibuya. To get the best view, head to one of the upper floors of the nearby Starbucks, grab a coffee, and people watch to your heart’s content.
- Stop by the Hachiko statue: next to Shibuya station, you’ll find a statue of Hachiko, the famous dog who waited faithfully for his owner every day. It’s a popular spot for taking photos and a great way to learn about Japanese culture.
- Try the sushi at Uobei Shibuya Dogenzaka: for a unique sushi experience, head over to Uobei Shibuya Dogenzaka. The restaurant offers sushi served on conveyor belts, and you can order using a touch screen. It’s fast, cheap, and tasty.
- Indulge in some sweets at Dominique Ansel Bakery: the Shibuya location of Dominique Ansel Bakery is the perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re famous for their cronuts (croissant-doughnut hybrids) and cookie shots (warm cookies filled with milk).
- Sip on a cocktail at Mikkeller Tokyo: if you’re looking for a place to unwind at the end of the day, Mikkeller Tokyo is a great option. The bar offers a wide selection of craft beers and cocktails, and the atmosphere is cozy and relaxed.