3 5 2 1 4
It’s that time of year again. We’ve checked off all our To Dos for the year, checked the weather forecast, found our passport and travel insurance. Now we’re sitting on the couch staring blankly at the screen of our laptops, wishing it was time to start planning our vacation. We have a list of the things we’d like to do, along with the dates on which we’d like to do them. However, we’ve forgotten one crucial piece of the puzzle: how to go about planning a trip on a budget.
Here are some money-saving tips on planning a vacation on a budget:
- Pick your destination wisely. While going away with your significant other or your kids may not be the most fun experience of all time, you need to take it into consideration when planning a vacation. For one thing, it’s quite likely that there are things you and your partner/kid will want to do while you’re away. In most cases, you can’t really go wrong with a beach holiday. Of course, you can always end up doing some other activities as well, but a beach vacation is generally the most enjoyable. And if you’re bringing your kids along, you need to ensure that they have enough fun, too.
When you’re looking to book a hotel, hostel, bed & breakfast, apartment, rental car, cruise, vacation package or family travel, Booking.com is here to help you save time and money!
You also need to think about the things that are worth your money, so that you’re not just spending your time and money on eating, drinking and watching television. Be it a family trip or a solo vacation, you need to ensure that you don’t blow your budget, especially if you’re not used to planning on a budget. You’ll need to make sure that you’re not just a passenger in the car, but that you’re also going on the trip of a lifetime.
- Look up your accommodation options. While you want to enjoy yourself and do the fun stuff, you want to make sure that you’ve planned ahead for the things that you want to do. That means not just booking the hotel, but also looking into the local options. You should be able to find quite a few things to do around the area that you’re going to be visiting. For example, you could go trekking to the top of a mountain or you could even take a cruise around a nearby island. Whatever you want to do, the options are there.
It’s important that you can find something to do during your vacation. That means not just making sure that you’re able to spend some quality time with the person you love, but that you’re also able to do the things you love. If you’re going on a beach vacation and you’re expecting it to be too hot, then you might as well book the hotel with a pool. You’ll be able to swim to your heart’s content, while you can also eat, drink and watch television.
- Don’t book too much. If you’re having the best time, don’t even think about booking too much. You can always visit a few more places while you’re vacationing, but if you’re running out of time or don’t want to have to worry about money, then it’s good to book just a few things. That way you’ll be able to focus on enjoying yourself while you’re on vacation.
When you are ready to book your trip, consider booking through booking.com. It will be much easier if you get help when it comes to booking your travel plans. This will help you make sure that you find everything that you need, as well as help you make sure that you can find what you want to do and be sure that you aren’t running out of money.
The price for vacation accommodations isn’t the only thing that matters to a person. The place that you pick for your vacation is also very important. This means that you can find some amazing places to stay at a cheaper price, but that also means that you might not enjoy yourself as much. The place that you pick is important, even if you plan to stay there for only a few days.
As you search for a place to stay, be aware of the price you can pay when it comes to the type of lodging you choose. Consider how long you will be staying at the hotel. Will it be a last-minute booking or one that you have planned ahead of time?
- If you plan to stay in a hotel room during your vacation, ask if the hotel has a swimming pool. The hotel pool can be a great way to unwind after a long day of exploring. It’s also a great way to refresh before dinner and to help you beat the evening heat.
Ask for a room that has a different feel than the one in which you booked. A change of scenery can actually help you to relax a bit. For example, if you are always staying in the most luxurious hotel suite, then switch to a simple room in a hostel. The change of scenery will provide you with the break that you need.
You’ll find your favorite destinations and the most popular travel spots in the world. Whether you’re looking for family vacations, romantic getaways or just a place to sleep, we help you save time and money when you book and plan your trip with us.
- When staying in a hotel, be sure to ask for a room with a safe. While it may not seem like something important, you should really consider this when booking a hotel, because who knows what may happen to your passport, money, or other items that you have on you!
Sign up for any of the booking.com newsletter. You can often get discounts based on things like a hot special or an upcoming vacation package. If you do nothing else, signing up for the email will give you a heads up about any discounted deals that are available. You can even ask for such deals to be sent directly to you.
Use the booking.com customer reviews platform They will tell you about the quality of the hotel’s fitness centers, restaurants, pools, events and more. Their opinions are more meaningful than the opinions of strangers because they have stayed there. Stay away from reviews that are posted by strangers because you don’t know how honest they are.
- It is smart to bring a little “tool kit” of toiletries along with you whenever you travel. This kit should contain a toothbrush, a hairbrush and combs, a bar of soap, a moisturizer and a small tube of toothpaste. Even if your hotel doesn’t have a toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom, you can buy a few items at your destination.
Look into signing up for discount programs. You probably won’t see much for free, but these programs are usually offered at a discount. They are also good ways to earn free nights during certain seasons or after reaching a certain number of stays. Additionally, if you use a particular hotel chain, you might be eligible for free upgrades.
Know what type of cancellation policy the hotel you are looking at has before you book. Many hotels have early cancellation policies that you need to know about, so check their website before you book. It might not cost you anything if you cancel, but it could cost you a fee if you don’t.
If you check into your hotel’s onsite safe in the morning and you find it locked, don’t panic. Many hotels these days offer keyless entry or open safe programs. Just enter your personal identification number, and you can enter without a key.
Make sure you check your hotel’s cancellation policy before finalizing your reservation. It may be expensive to cancel your reservation after booking.
- Check if any additional costs will be applied to your bill if you check out early. That is especially true of suites. Some hotels charge for the room if you leave earlier than the scheduled check out time. So, if you want to check out early, you may need to ask the front desk for a different time, or if you must leave earlier than the scheduled check out time, you may need to ask the front desk for a different day of departure.
Use this information as a guide, but be flexible when looking for the best hotel rates. If your travel plans change, don’t be afraid to ask your travel agent to find you the best deal. They can help you find very cheap airfare deals, so you aren’t stuck if something better comes along.
- Make sure you know the rules for paying for your room before you make your reservation. If you don’t want to pay for the first night’s stay upon checking in, be sure to ask the front desk to hold the reservation when you book your room. Many hotels require a credit card on file to hold the room when you do not want to be charged for that night.
Be sure to double-check your reservation number or confirmation email if you are getting conflicting information. Even if a hotel seems to have misprinted your reservation, the confirmation may still have your correct information. Check all of the information to make sure you are getting what you think you are.
If you want to find the best hotels for your specific vacation, you should have an idea of the types of things that are important to you. Do you like peace and quiet, or do you want to be near entertainment venues? Do you want to stay within your budget, or are you looking for something that offers special amenities?
Look at customer ratings and comments that you can find online. The general consensus is often a great source of information. For example, there are plenty of people who hate the idea of smoking in the room, so this is a good indication of whether or not you will like that in your hotel.
There are a lot of things you should take into consideration when choosing a hotel. If you make your decision based solely on price, you will probably not get the type of hotel that you want. The tips you just read should help you avoid expensive mistakes and get the kind of hotel that you want to stay in….
Everyone knows that travel is an important part of a family vacation. The key to making your vacation enjoyable is to find a hotel that meets your needs and expectations. These tips can help you select the right hotel to meet your family’s needs.
- Make sure you have your accommodations booked before you leave on your trip. This will save you some stress and ensure that you have a good place to stay. Plan on staying at least three weeks in advance. You can even book at least six months in advance and you will probably find that you get a better rate.
Do not pay for upgraded amenities if you are not interested in using them. The hotel is giving you a courtesy upgrade just to get you to pay for it. Just state that you are only paying for one bed, and you can get a cheaper room without the perks.
Check the policies of the hotel when booking your room. In some cases, certain policies do apply to all guests without notice, especially those that you may not know about. It is a good policy to print out and review the specific policies to ensure that you know exactly what you are getting into.
Check the Internet for discounts. A lot of times, discount sites are offered as a means for a hotel to advertise. This can also be used to find deals on things like flights or car rentals. By using these sites, you can sometimes find a discount on your room.
Prior to checking into a hotel, call the hotel from your own phone to make sure that there are no fees for checking in or registering your key card or other electronic equipment. If there are fees, you will probably find that there are better deals to be had elsewhere. Stay away from staying in a hotel that adds services or hidden charges to your bill without your permission.
You need to be aware of what policies you will need to deal with. Do you have to give up your electronic device to the front desk upon check in? Do you have to pay for a mini-bar? Are there any specific requests for things like cribs or a balcony? Know what is required of you, and make sure that you leave yourself open to negotiation when the time comes.
Try to avoid using the hotel’s phone to call long distance. There are often surcharges on these calls, which make it expensive. It can also interfere with your in-room phone, so be aware of this. Always use a different phone for your long distance calls.
Book now, PAY AT THE PROPERTY
With FREE cancellation on most rooms
Take time to walk around the hotel grounds. A trip to the front desk to check out the facilities and a quick walk around the grounds to take it all in can pay off big-time. There is nothing wrong with a little window shopping. This is especially true if you are in a tourist area.
- If you want to relax after a long day of sightseeing, head to the nearest hotel. Hotels that have pools and spas provide a much-needed break from sightseeing. You may get some exercise, have fun with your kids, or even meet some new people.
- When staying at a hotel, be sure to know what kind of payment (credit card, cash, etc.) and how early you should arrive so that you can always check in. Also, if you must cancel the reservation, do it as soon as you are aware of such policy.
All in all, traveling on a budget doesn’t have to be a painful process. By planning ahead and thinking through your trip in advance, you can easily avoid many of the pitfalls that lead to inadequate planning and costly surprises. This article is a step by step guide for getting started. Follow the advice, and you’re sure to have a stress free vacation this year.
3 5 2 1 4